Families of firefighters sacrifice a great deal, as their loved ones pour themselves into a risk-filled career in service of others. Celebrating and supporting those efforts is the primary driver behind the Member Fund.
The Member Fund was established by AFD firefighters and their families as a way to to improve the quality of life for the AFD fire family and build community in the department. The Member Fund is comprised of the former Arlington Fire Sports Group and the former Sisterhood of AFD.
The Member Fund aims to support families of firefighters employed by the Arlington Fire Department through multiple programs and efforts such as
- Programs to integrate new AFD families,
- Initiatives to support AFD families through times of trouble or crisis or time of celebration and change, and
- Building community amongst those families with family-centered or camaraderie-enhancing events.
Member Fund Efforts
- Providing financial assistance to:
- A firefighter who’s home was destroyed
- AFD families as they experience unforeseen medical costs
- AFD families after experiencing the loss of an immediate family member
- Celebrating the birth of a child with AFD families through small gifts
- Hosting family-centered or camaraderie-building events